Re: [gftp] plans for a new release

Tabrez Iqbal wrote:
> On 10/4/07, *Zhang Weiwu* <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     There is one reason to use gFTP over filezilla: it gives a list of
>     files
>     where you can change status from "overwrite", "ignore" etc. Every
>     other
>     ftp software prompt for each file to be overwritten, which is very
>     bad
>     if you have 4000 files to upload but only 1 or 2 of them are new.
>
>     [snip]
>
>     Best regards
>

> I am not sure if I understand you correctly but "Transfer -> File
> overwrite settings" in Filezilla has all the options that I ever need
> to use for transferring multiple files at once.
There is a big difference in latest (development version) gFTP and
latest (beta version) filezilla. I can configure default action for
filezilla but I don't get a list of 300 files, where I can choose 5 of
them to overwrite, 3 of them to ignore and 8 of them to continue partial
upload.
> But Filezilla gives me errors all the time; even without active
> development, gFTP remains the most stable ftp client for me.
Yes, true. In this particular case, how can we reach something even
better: with active development + remain stable:)