[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Compiling GraphThing on Debian
- To: graphthing-discuss@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Compiling GraphThing on Debian
- From: Dave Symonds <dsymonds@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:43:12 +1000
- Cc: Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:43:25 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=ewPgdcE6nVQzcrjmIWM8HutO05ONv7edsSoAjTJXTNHkVqaC/WvdEtw+6joCpiXpTSSMsO+PMHOxdhKosdYdLs2X5RmX/eaMxauv3Zu8RVA6N58b/9grPHNaCP3r7KmC92pwysKiBHRyNoxPEgMCCU7IfRR3IXR2kL+2sPFykgo=
- In-reply-to: <20051021013442.GD30481@melo.dyndns.org>
- References: <email@example.com> <20050818071110.GB6078@melo.dyndns.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050819152110.GB4475@melo.dyndns.org> <email@example.com> <20050820081404.GB7818@melo.dyndns.org> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20051020232558.GA30481@melo.dyndns.org> <email@example.com> <20051021013442.GD30481@melo.dyndns.org>
- Reply-to: graphthing-discuss@xxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-graphthing-discuss@xxxxxxxx
[This conversation belongs on the mailing list anyway - other people
can benefit from it, too!]
On 21/10/05, Cyril Brulebois <cyril.brulebois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dave Symonds <dsymonds@xxxxxxxxx> (21/10/2005):
> > Yes, perhaps I should just drop one in there - all you needed to run
> > is 'autoconf', then ./configure as per usual.
> I tried that a bit later, and it's sufficient. You don't _really_ need
> an autogen.sh, but that's convenient (1. Is there any ./configure? No.
> Then 2. Is there an autogen.sh? 3. Then have a look at INSTALL, and no
> info there :p).
Yes, good point - I should add at least something in there, although
the standard distribution upon releases _does_ get shipped with a
./configure. You're using the SVN version, which is far more
> > It's a fair way from almost empty! It holds the files needed to create
> > a debian package of GraphThing, which I plan to get back in the habit
> > of making from version 1.2 onwards, now that I have access to a Debian
> > machine.
> If you want me to debianize it, that would be a pleasure. Got a
> repository too, convenient for user willing to be able to update easily.
> But I certainly told you that some time ago. Do as you want, just know
> that I'll be pleased to help if you want me too. In all cases, remember
> not to send the debian/ folder along with your files in the tarball.
> (See maint-guide ;))
That would be great if you could do that for me. As before, the
debian/ directory is only present in the SVN tree, not in release
tarballs. I'm happy for you to do the debianizing, since it's been a
couple of years since I even regularly _used_ a Debian machine!
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music." (Kristian Wilson,
Nintendo Inc, 1989)