Re: Organizing for 6.2

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, JF Martinez wrote:

> I guess for now the best is use egcs because gcc 2.95 seems to have
> some grievous bugs.  However gcc 2.95 generates far better code so
> best would seomeone keeping a watch on the gcc development lsit and
> perhaps ask some questions in it about release dates, bugs and if it
> is safe to use pentium optimizations.

Are the bugs you mention really serious? The gnu gcc web site makes no
warning about any major bugs and it seems there are many developers
using gcc 2.95.2 I do not have any problem using the egcs version, but I
would hate to pass on better quality code and pentium optimizations if
there are no serious problems with gcc 2.95.2

> IN the interim we can also hack the installer: conflict resolution,
> adding the Indialer and support for multiple CDs.

We are talking about the newt installer, right?

How do you test the installer without actually preforming the install? I
have not looked at the source in a while, but I believe there is a way
to test it. Do you know how Jean?

I have started looking at the sources of anaconda and I have started
studing Python. I will need to to learn it and play with it. I have
heard it is a fun language to use and easy to learn. I will see.

--

R.G. Mayhue