Re: Should we make a www group?

> On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Rune Christiansen wrote:
>
> > Since there are several volunteers for maintaining the Independence web
> > site, maybe we should try to form a kind of group, a www_admin???
>
> Good idea, share the work.
>
> > I must confess, that about 2 minutes after replying to the original "A
> > web designer needed" mail, I started making a new version of the
> > web site (text-only). I will upload a sample later at my web site, but
> > maybe we should create a graphical version and a text version?
>
> Another good idea, since I started using Linux, I also started using lynx
> (my old 486 doesn't get on with X very well!), others may be in the same
> situation.

I have used X for years on a 386DX40 (roughly equivalent to a 486SX
20) and except for scalable fonts it had plenty enough of horse power.
And with a coprocessor (or a 486DX) scalable fonts were not a problem.
Of course this was plain X with FVWM not X with Gnome or KDE.

--
			Jean Francois Martinez

http://www.independence.seul.org