Re: [kidsgames] Typing/Reading Tutors

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Christopher Sawtell wrote:

-->Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:11:27 +1300
-->From: Christopher Sawtell <csawtell@xtra.co.nz>
-->To: Brian Minton <minton@csc.smsu.edu>, Robert Black <shadow@info66.com>
-->Cc: kidsgames@smluc.org
-->Subject: Re: [kidsgames] Typing/Reading Tutors
-->
-->On Sun, 16 Jan 2000, Brian Minton wrote:
-->> On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Robert Black wrote:
-->>
-->> > I hope I'm not putting the cart before the horse to suggest a couple of
-->> > programs if someone was looking for an idea. I was looking for a single
-->> > floppy program to run on a 486 when our windows machines were tied up for
-->> > my stepdaughter (age 12) to play some new games and ran across a free one
-->> > (no charge, not gnu type free) for windows put out by
-->> > http://typingmaster.com/index.html.
-->
-->Years ago I did a very simple curses based typing tutor, I'm sorry I have lost
-->the sources locally but it's part of the C Users' Journal program library.
-->Here is the url for the Journal archive entry.
-->
-->http://www.hal9k.com/cug/v300e.htm#cug395c
-->
-->I developed it on an ATT 3b/2 so it should go well on a 486 Linux box.
-->
-->It's free software, but you'll have to pay for the diskette
-->

I read the reference, but code see no way to download the code (do I have
to by the cd, just for this?)

-->
-->> For instance, in Windows, there is Mavis Beacon...
-->
-->Does anybody know if this works under Wine?
-->

You know, I should try it and see....

If it worked I could make cdserver like is being discussed on seul-edu
right now.   hmmmm

--
Jeff Waddell
jeff@smluc.org