Re: [kidsgames] Equipment Survey

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Kidsgames Project Coordinator - Jeff Waddell wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to initiate an Equipment Survey as to what we each have and
> how we are utilizing it.

May I ask why? (Just curious,  not rude - I hope).

> 		What I have Now
> 		_______________

My main machine:

PPro 232, (OC 180)
128 MB RAM
approx 6 GB SCSI HD's on a aha 2940
DAT scsi streamer
6x SCSI CD
2 V2 SLI (2*12 MB)
TV Card (AverMedia)
Matrox Millenium 1 (1024x768x16)
3com 10 mbit nic
sb awe 32
19" compaq screen
std. analog joystick

Wife:
P200
48 MB RAM
approx 1 GB SCSI HD on a aha1542C
2x SCSI CD
lousy video card (800x600x16)
3com 10 mbit nic
sb 16
17" kfx screen

nfsserver/inet gateway
P133
32 MB RAM
approx 1.2 GB SCSI HD's on a aha1542B
dunno what videocard, uses seriel console (and my palmpilot)
3com 10 mbit nic
ASUS ISDN adapter (adsl 256/256 coming up)
no screen, no keyboard

Everything runs RedHat Linux 6.2. I do not have access to windows, not
even on my job. I can't say I miss it.

?

> 		What I would like to have
> 		_________________________

Well, my ppro 232 does q3 with 38 fps in 800x600. But it is ugly. I would
like to have a q3 power machine. Dual Xeon 800, 512 MB ram, GeForce would
be nice.

:-)

Seriously, what I miss most is probably some more diskspace. Or maybe a
DVD player, since I would like to own some more DVD movies.

Above all, ADSL is the most important, but that is ordered.

Lack of time makes the issue unimportant anyway - I am writing on my
thesis and are to become a father in 4 months, so ..

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
The underlying assumption is closer to "if you are hiding something, you

-
kidsgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe kidsgames"
in the body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org