Re: [kidsgames] Generic adventure game engine

Manuel Gutierrez Algaba <irmina@ctv.es> writes:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2000, Steve Baker wrote:
> > What are you lacking support *in*?
>
> Simple things, like supplying raw data in the form of "attributed
> info "(TeEncontreX)

Why should I contribute to something that claims to be an all
encompassig ressource that is still accessible to the beginner, if the
few informations present are given in a totally inaccessible fashion
(as an alphabetic list that doesn't even give a clue as to the
language a specific bit of information is written in)? To me it looks
like a rather poor reinvention of the wiki concept, which too is not
proven to work, of of everything2.

You seem to have a wrong conception of how open source development on
the internet works. It is not a magical tool that make people do the
work you want to have done once you put up a website that tells them
what to do. You have to give contributors a compelling reason to
contribute, producing yet another faq to end all faqs isn't one.

Yours, Florian.
-
kidsgames@smluc.org  -- To get off this list send "unsubscribe kidsgames"
in the body of a message to majordomo@smluc.org