Re: [kidsgames] Game Engine ??

Doug Loss wrote:
> jm wrote:
> > Blender 2.0 is out
> > http://www.blender.nl/
> > (free as a beer)
> >
> > This is supposed to be more "game-oriented".
>
> I notice they talk a lot about a game engine.  Is this a new thing to
> Blender?  And is it something that can be bundled with stand-alone apps?

Funny you should mention Blender, I've been looking at
their website today.  Yes, the game engine is new
with version 2.0.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the graphics
people are able to produce with it.

The game engine is a 3D rendering type, which may or
may not work for me (But then I don't really know
how to do the other kind either :)).  I just downloaded
the "stable" 1.8 version, so I can start learning
how to use the basic stuff.  If it's anything like
easy to use, I'm going to become an addict, game or
no game!

At the very least, Blender would provide an excellent
tool for making backgrounds and character animations.
I don't know about the bundling issue.

I also found out that Gimp already has some pretty
advanced animation plug-ins written -- I just don't
have them installed yet.

--
Terry Hancock
hancock@earthlink.net