Re: [Libevent-users] Compiling libevent on Windows

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Gilad Benjamini
<gilad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried compiling libevent on Windows, using WinDDK.
> I initially had some issues with Makefile.nmake, and then abandoned it in
> favor of the simple "sources" file, used by the "build" utility.

Hi, Gilad!

FYI, it is *way way easier* for us to track bugs and patches and make
sure we don't forget about any of them if you upload them to the
appropriate tracker at sourceforge:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=50884

> There were then a few issues that prevent compilation on Windows. I'm
> presenting them as-is and not as a patch, since I don't know Windows well
> enough to vouch for a proper patch
> - signal handler function are defined as "__cdecl" functions

This sounds like it's solvable just by declaring the evsig_handler
function to be __cdecl if WIN32 is defined?

> - fstat doesn't exist, but _fstat does

The usual fix for this one is to include something like
#ifdef WIN32
#define fstat _fstat
#endif
near the start of the appropriate file.

> There was also a decent number of warnings, though nothing major. I'll send
> a patch for these later on.

Neat!

yrs,
--