Re: [Libevent-users] Re: Regarding broken connection when using libevent with redsocks in android M OS

Hi Azat,
ÂÂ The problem is seen with libevent version 2-1-5 also.
Actually in bufferevent_ratelim.c, we are using MAX_TO_READ_EVER &Â MAX_TO_WRITE_EVER buffer sizes set to 16387.

When we try to use bigger buffer sizes here... Say 32MB or 16 MB, we are facing the issue that playstore start - stop-start hangs the whole data connection. Even other applications are not able to use redsocks new clients.

But with lesser values as is there by default -Â 16387,this issue is not seen. But the internet speed will be lesser. We are using higher values so as to get higher speeds (better throughput).

Our understanding is that due to these high values of buffersizes, libevent is getting stuck somewhere.

Can you point us to what might the problem area be?

BR,
Vijay

On 9 May 2016 04:51, "Azat Khuzhin" <a3at.mail@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, May 07, 2016 at 02:08:35PM +0530, vijay mishra wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> In attempt to fix this problem, we ported the latest libevent beta release
> (2-1-15, beta release) and with that , this issue is resolved but we are

Hi,

I guess you meant *2.1.5*?

> not able to find which exact commit in the latest libevent might be solving
> this issue
>
> Can anyone here help us identify the commit which may have had this issue
> fixed.
>
> PS: in stable release version 2-0-22,the issue was seen. So we suspect some
> commit after that is fixing this issue.

There are a lot of changes between 2.0.22 and 2.1.5, and I'm not even
sure because of which layer this can be, maybe you can do some
bisecting?

Thanks,
Azat.