Re: Static Linking Throuble with OpenGL

"Adam D. Moss" <adam@gimp.org> writes:

> By the way, what specific problems are you seeing with dynamically-
> linked GL libs that are clearly attributable to GL libs? I would
> hope that at this time it's perfectly sane to just dynamically- link
> against libGL, without resorting to dlopen'ing. The only problems
> you should see in this case would be if you were using a (say) >=1.2
> version of OpenGL to build with where some symbols that previously
> belonged to extensions moved into the headers, but the user is using
> an earlier version.

The problem is that if I link dynamic against the GL libs, that I also
have to dynamic link against libc. Which makes the binary unusable on
systems that have an older version of libc around than I have. Beside
that dynamic linking against GL seems to work fine, but the libc issue
doesn't really make it a useable solution if the resulting binary will
only work on 50% of the systems out there.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: grumbel@jabber.org
ICQ:      59461927