[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
sdl & wxWindows & sound ...
- To: Linuxgames <email@example.com>
- Subject: sdl & wxWindows & sound ...
- From: Anarky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:35:11 +0300
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 11:36:18 -0400
- Mailing-list: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030727 Thunderbird/0.1
There is something that has been bugging me for a while: I've been
programming in windows 3d engine stuff .. but I've been using Directx ..
now I'm considering something that could be developed under Linux but
also compile for windows. So, my favorite choice was wxWindows ... but
that doesn't have mouse&keyboard handleing right ... afaik ... so it
seems I need SDL ... any idea if these two work together? For 3d
programming os independent it seems that SDL is pretty much a must ..
but for window management (& threads & stuff) something lik wxWindows
would sure come in handy .. any ideas if these mix & match? Also on
another topic: any idea of any os-independent library to decompress/play
some kind of compressed music files (like .mp3, .ogg ..?)
I'm asking all this because ... well .. hopefully here I've found
some 3d programmers that work in Linux.