Re: artists

Anarky wrote:
I was gonna ask if there's a way of making a linux doing artwork in my favorite OS ...
You didn't say what your favourite OS is. ;)

Assuming Linux, there's always trusty GIMP for the 2d
art/textures.

For 3d modelling, AC3D is still lovely for static/simple
models (it's easy to use, to the point of being fun), and
Blender is a very professional and powerful (unfortunately also
very hard to learn) free package for more complicated models
and animation.

GIMP+Blender makes a good combination, since Blender allows 3d
painting.  You can paint rough features into the right places
straight onto the 3d model, and then export the sketch to GIMP
for the full-featured texture painting.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"I am NOT a nut!  I am the keeper of the seven universal truths!"