Moonlight3d

Gregor Mückl wrote:

The alternative is to help people out with writing an alternative to blender. I've assembled a team who could do it. We're preparing to start coding now and might have a first usable version within a year. This tool is desigend to scale up to where maya and 3dsmax are now. But the road there is still very long. As I said: Any help is appreciated. Visit #moonlight3d on irc.freenode.net if you are interested.

wow .. r u serious? AWESOME! I was impressed with Moonlight3d from the first time I saw it. I was at the time also under strong influence of XSI which my girlfriend at the time was learning .. and Moonlight3d was just about the only truly promissing free tool that I saw (like I said the XSI interface similarities probably impressed me too :P ) ... it'd be REALLY great if the project was reborn on higher grounds. Many many many encouragements !!!