Re: GFX under Linux

Katie Lucas wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:40:50PM +0600, Mark D'voo wrote:
> > what was so hard about SDL??
>
> The fact that while I download SDL occaisionally to see how it's
> getting on, nothing ever seems to compile. Here i have a nice shiny
> Redhat 7.2 system.

Well, that's depressing.  I'm using SDL in a cross-platform
GL game partly for its general universality, now I wonder whether
I chose the right API.  Thankfully (?) source won't generally
be distributed so difficulty-to-compile doesn't matter much,
but how difficult do people generally find it to be to run
precompiled SDL apps?

Do Loki static-link all of their SDL-based binaries?

--Adam