Re: GFX under Linux

Mark Collins wrote:

> On Thursday 06 December 2001  7:56 pm, you wrote:
>>Under windows, they say "requires DirectX #.#". If DirectX #.#
>>isn't installed, you don't run. If a later version of DirectX
>>breaks your app, you make a patch.
>
> FUD FUD FUD FUD, FUD

Cool off. I was trying to make a point about SDL, not windows.
And I said "if", not "when". To reiterate my point: specify the
version of SDL you need to run. Leave it up to the user to
install the right version. If future version of SDL break your
app, fix it then.

I'm tempted to list the games I own that have been broken by DX
upgrades -- and I don't own many games -- but let's keep it on
topic.

Jason
379