Design patterns

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 katie@fysh.org wrote:

>To kick off a debate - anyone use Design Patterns in their games programming?

Sure. Patterns aren't a special library or anything, they are just a
normal way of doing some specific things. I use them all the time (states,
singletons, factories, etc), but I don't really think about them as
patterns.

I read the "Design Patterns" book some years ago, and it basically gave
"names" for some stuff I had been doing all along, and also taught me a
lot of new stuff. Definitely worth a read for all programmers. Despite the
book is already fairly old, the ideas in it are as fresh as ever.

--
         In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
                                        -- Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies