Re: .obj question

> Do you have any suggestions? I'm considering hand-editing the models I have
> (ones 1652 faces, the others only 132), or attempting to switch formats and
> start over :/ ). I looked on the web for specs on .3ds files, but the few hits
> that looked promising were dead links :/
Crystal Space got special permissions to use a program, called something like "impexp", in LGPL
code.  It works by comnveting several formats to its own format, then converts it out as the
desired format.  This instantly gave Crystal Space close to native support for about 5 more model
formats, including 3ds, so maybe you might want to look at the code, or see if you can use it
yourself

http://crystal.linuxgames.com
http://crystal.sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/project/?group_id=649