Re: Business models

On Friday 18 May 2001 15:13, Steve Baker wrote:

> In the end, the big question is how many people would actually rip off
> the level files if you expressly forbade it.  If this scheme can be
> made to work at all, you could probably simply give away the game
> engine and one free level and sell the remaining levels without
> encrypting them at all and still make 90% of the money you would have
> done anyway.

Seconded.  We all know that copy-protection schemes can be broken, and
those that make this veryvery hard restrict normal usage too much (e.g.
the timeout scheme makes it impossible to play that neat game again after
10 years), alienating buyers.

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://sunsite.dk/lgdc/)

Very funny, Scotty! Now beam up my clothes...