Re: c code vs c++ code

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:34:32 -0600
Steve Baker <sjbaker1@airmail.net> wrote:

> > Actually, not being funny here, but given how bad most games
> > developers I've talked to recently are at C++, I was at least
> > expecting that. The bank I'm at however, is TRULY SHOCKINGLY BAD at
> > writing decent code.
>
> Which all goes to prove that games programmers aren't so terrible
> after all.

Compared to banks, they need to be better: buggy games can ruin a games
company or individual reputations but with banks it's a case of "oh, has
it buggered up again? Okay, get some of the keyboard monkeys to re-enter
the data". Customers rarely see what happens, and when they do it is
explained away. One of my brothers works for a bank and some of the
things that go on are truly shocking, most of it related to the software
they have to use. Software that looks like it was designed and written
by someone who failed a GCSE IT course.

Chris