[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
How to best get smooth scrolling in X?
- To: Linux Games <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: How to best get smooth scrolling in X?
- From: Mads Bondo Dydensborg <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:52:22 +0100 (CET)
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Delivery-Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:12:45 -0500
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Reply-To: email@example.com
Subject should be easy, but is it? The requirements are no stuttering and
no flashing. Is it possible? (Think a newsticker for this question; just
scrolling a piece of text or an image, across an X window.
SDL does not give me a real doublebuffer. Does OpenGL work correctly in
software mode or do I need hardware support? Other options? CGI? Xlib
What are my options?
This was _really_ easy to do with svgalib. Not so with X?
Mads Bondo Dydensborg. firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm an environmental oxymoron - I buy organic and drive an SUV
- Seen on slashdot.org