Re: OFFTOPIC: NFS problems

Hi,

> To answer your question, you have to tell something about the user
> system. Do you use root, or normal users? (Both sides, please).
> Show an ls -lad /Fu*
> Which rights has the directory into which you mount it, before you
> mount it?, ...
> Play a bit around with the rights, ... and you will see.
> Try to use IP numbers instead of names in the /etc/export
> And try to read the man pages a bit more.

Now it works. The problem was that you have to make a entry in some
files:

	/etc/hosts
	--------------------------------
	192.168.120.222	www.futureint.net	www
	192.168.120.250	flx_linux.futureint.net	flx_linux
	192.168.120.251	flx_win9x.futureint.net	flx_win9x
	192.168.120.1	astan.futureint.net	astan

	/etc/networks
	--------------------------------
	localnet	192.168.120.0

But thanx to you.

BTW: offtopic

I know this is a offtopic so I wrote it in the subject.
I also know I shouldn't mail such a topic to this list but I thought
that someone of you might have had this problem, too.

But you're right. Next time I will send it to an other list which is
"right" for such problems.

bye

Felix Kollmann, DG5PT

Future Interactive

email: fkollmann@gmx.net
http://www.futureint.com

----
Don't fear the future, because fear is the path to the dark side.
Fear is to angry. Angry is to hate and hate is to suffering.
-- Yoda