Re: Simple modeller

Jan Ekholm wrote:

> What suggestions for *simple* modellers do you guys and girls have?

AC3D - very simple, easy to use. Not OpenSource, costs $40.

Blender - 'quirky' user interfact, some people *love* it, others
           (me included) find it to be so horrible as to be quite
           literally unusable.  This has *just* become OpenSource
           freeware.  Quite complex.

All of the others seem poorly designed or not well oriented to doing
just simple polygons.

> Any comments? AC3D is far too complex...

!!!! WHAT?!?!

It's by far the simplest modeller I've ever encountered!

> ...and I haven't managed to even place
> out a triangle in any of the free ones (Vertex, QCad, others) that I've
> tested.
>
> Bells'n'whistles are for pros, I want to define a few fåkking tanks and a
> silly house or two. I don't need bells nor whistles.

I suggest you try again with AC3D - it's simple enough that my 11 year old
kid picked it up in an hour or so and was building simple stuff such as
you suggest.

Mail : <sjbaker1@airmail.net>   WorkMail: <sjbaker@link.com>
URLs : http://www.sjbaker.org
        http://toobular.sf.net   http://lodestone.sf.net