Re: My Game

On Tuesday 11 September 2001 10:14, you wrote:
<snip>

> I would suggest something closer to the ESRB system unless additional
> information is provided with an age rating (if anyone has seen the ratings
> on most UK videos, you will notice additional information about the
> violence, language, sex/nudity content and so on)

<snip>

Actually, I'd recommend something closer to the ELSPA system. Instead of
saying "You must be at least <x> years od age", it has recommended age
groups. This allows the shops some level of control ("well, I know that kid
is well behaved, but he's not quite in the right age groups, ahhhh what the
hell" instead of "sorry mate, if I sell this to you, we get sued").

Maybe a system where you have a list of checkboxes, and each checkbox has a
score. Scores corresepond to certain age groups, such as:

Does the game contain violence?
Does the game comtain senseless violense?
Does the game contain senseless violense against humans?
Does the game contain nudity?
Does the game contain scenes of an erotic nature?
Does the game contain scenes of hardcore, dirty sex?
Does the game contain strong language?
Does the game contain frequent use of strong language?
Does the game contain too much strong language?

If score < 3 it's suitable for all ages
If score >=3 < 6 suitable for teenagers
If score >=6 only suitable for adults

It's not a hard system to establish....

(above is an example, I'd expect a compelte rating system to have many more
criteria)

Who's up for creating the Open Game Rating for Entertainment system? (OGRE)

Nurgle