Re: RFC - first batch of OGRE images

On Wednesday 12 September 2001 23:23, you wrote:

> games? (that was a joke, put the baseball bat down.)

And I was on my way to the airport too, dagger in hand....

> 'big' names might only care about big titles. Suppose joe blow writes a
> small simple game that issues explicative comments a ways into it, will a
> 'big name' or busy person play it long enough to discover that or give it
> the 'good for kindergardners' stamp right away? I'm sure big publishers
> would be interested in using this kind of mechanism to protect themselves,
> but will they be willing to invest (time, people, money, server space,
> 'official' support) in it if that means supporting competition and games
> that don't go through their publishing channels? Developers and parents
> would probly all jump on this idea, but I think a project of this scale
> requires far more resources than parents and developers can muster, thus my
> thought on making it a community involvement project.

Godamnit. I'm not saying the "board" tests the games, only come up with the
guidelines that developers and publishers use to rate the games. If a
publisher/developer is fraudulent about it, and we have a licensing system
for the images stating "Use of these images in circumstances that violate the
spirit of the OGRE guidelines or misrepresentation will result it litigation"
(or words to that effect), it would be a lot harder to abuse them, even if
people were working out which ratings apply to their titles

Nurgle