Re: More thoughts on From: lines

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Michael Gurski wrote:

> > If the decision has been made (has it?) that all outbound email from
> > nyms must use a nym server as the exit hop, the requirement for
> > mixminion nodes to support configurable Subject: lines goes away
> > entirely and instead becomes a requirement on the nym server.
>
> Does it?  Will only people using nyms then be allowed to make their
> exitting messages easily distinguishable from possibly myriad others
> (mailing lists, newsgroups, etc)?

I don't understand what Lucky means. I never said that all outbound mail
must go through nym servers -- just that nym account outbound mail go
through nym servers.

I also don't understand why Subject: lines are such a hot topic. I don't
see the risk. Perhaps Lucky meant From: instead?

Configurable Subject: lines are a requirement for the Type III system,
both with nym accounts and forward messages without nym accounts. User
adoption will be null without them.

--Len.