Re: Ideal Tor Server & ExitNode?

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 02:08:45PM -0700, Chris Palmer wrote:

:> 1. How much bandwith?
:
:I don't think we're at the point yet where we want to set limits. There
:is the potential that a high-capacity node might get more traffic, and
:thus if that node is compromised (from the point of view of a particular
:user), then it's a greater risk than it would otherwise be. But we're
:still in experimental mode, and capacity and debugging opportunities are
:welcomed.

Roger stated in a recent mail to the list that there's a cap on
the ammount of bandwidth that's used for this weigting ranging from
800k to 2000k (increasing with newer code releases) to deal with this
sort of threat (a super high speed node funnelling all traffic)

-Jon