Re: (FWD) Server on OS/X

On 4/15/05, Rod Begbie <rodbegbie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Funnily enough, my Mac at home dies when I run Tor for a few hours.
> It sits there fine 99% of the time, but when I start-up Tor again, I
> get a kernel panic.  I've had almost *precisely* the same experience
> as Eddie (right down to shutting down Tor for a week, then starting
> it up again and seeing a crash).

Well several reports suggests that it's probably *not* hardware
related. It could be a race condition deep in OS X which gets tickled
after enough load (which Tor would provide).

So, other than making sure you have all the latest patches from Apple,
there's probably not a lot to be done I'm afraid. I guess we keep an
eye out for similar reports from other people and try to find the
intersection.

AGL

--
Adam Langley                                      agl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx