HTTPS & Tor?

Hello,

I have read about some of the issues of HTTPS and anonymity via. Tor/Privoxy; such as:

HTTPS defeates the filtering process of Privoxy so your environmental info is in the clear.

I was reading Adam Langley's thread on writing a proxy and he mentioned that Tor doens't (can't) handel HTTPS connections.

I have a few questions about HTTPS if you don't mind:

1. If HTTPS defeates Privoxy's ability to filter enviro. info does HTTPS also defeate Privoxy's DNSLookup forwarding?

2. Why did Mr. Langley mention that Tor doesn't handel HTTPS?

____________________________

Two more questions about Tor please:

3. How can I ensure FTP requests via. imbeded web script (through pics, etc) don't break my anonymity with Tor?

I have Java disabled, I'm filtering web-bugs, cookies, etc, etc.

4. Are there any issues with anti-virius, anti-torjen, firewalls, antispware/malware leaking real IP's while I'm using Tor?

I have all my progs set to *not* auto-update.  Whenever possible I set a programs proxy settings to use Privoxy (127.0.0.1:8118) when I'm using Tor.

Thank you very much

The best email provider on today's market, sign-up now for as low as $20.00 AUD per year!    http://www.aussiemail.com.au
New 56k Dial-up Internet Technology. Download up to 120% FASTER on V.92 Money Back Guarantee from the Best ISP.
www.referral.net.au