Re: Weird behavior of my server

Bridged will work if you have an extra IP for the VM. NAT will also work, but you need to modify the config to make it aware of it's external address (and configure vmware-natd to forward 80/443).

~Mike.

Landorin wrote:
Okay, I'll try that out, thanks.
I just ran into another problem: the orport appears to be unreachable.
I really don't know how the connection works in VMWare environments.
Do I have to forward the orport to the VMWare IP or to my Windows IP?
Also, does it need "bridged", "NAT" or "host-only" mode in VMWare?

Michael Holstein schrieb:

Okay, I just tried out a different orport and now the server
starts up. So somehow either port 443 is blocked already by
something else or it's because the permission is denied (since
it's a blank Ubuntu I guess it's the permission thing). Anything
I can do about it?

"netstat -apn |grep 443" (as root) "lsof |grep 443" (as root)

either one will tell you what process is binding to 443. My guess
is Apache. Try "killall httpd" (as root) and then try again. Also
try (path might vary) "/etc/rc.d/rc.httpd stop"

~Mike.

-- Accelerate cancer research with your PC: http://www.chem.ox.ac.uk/curecancer.html

GPG key ID: 4096R/E9FD5518