Re: [tor-talk] TorBirdy seems to connect to the same exit node again and again

Thanks Sukhbir Singh for clarifying, thanks justaguy for the suggestion!

My assumption was, that TorBirdy and Tor are connecting to the same exit
node. What I didn't make clear in my first mail, was that my fix
initially was to choose a new identity. And then things got complicated.

When choosing a new identity in TorBrowser, I thought I was also
choosing a new identity in TorBirdy. I was/am still receiving the alert
quite frequently, even right after clicking on "new identity" (it is
always the same IP that gets rejected, sending emails to various
recipients). So that is what caused my confusion. Do I have to "choose a
new identity" from within TorBirdy?

What I didn't mention before is, that refreshing my inbox worked at all
times. But that might have to do with my mail server, right?

Just had the same alert again when trying to send this email. Restarting
TorBrowser seemed to do the trick... but now I can't really replicate
this. Hm.

Thanks for your help, guys.
S.

Sukhbir Singh: