Re: [tor-talk] Full integration with bitcoin (suggestion / feature request)

I did not read this thread completely but keep it in my TODO list.

Your analysis is correct but can be summarized in one sentence: using bt
over Tor is a non sense because the size of the Tor network is
completely ridiculous compared to the size of the bt network.

As ridiculous as using bt over a VPN, which the bt VPN trolls don't like
to hear.

Disabling the DHT and allowing trackers only is at the opposite of any
privacy protection, because trackers are trivial to monitor and fake,
it's a little bit more difficult with the DHT, but still easy for
someone that can crawl it.

I have tried to explain all this in the FAQs here:
http://torrent-live.org and here: https://github.com/Ayms/torrent-live,
and related study, which for once does not focus on trackers and
monitoring the users, but focuses on the DHT and monitoring/blocking the
monitors, showing also how easily you can protect using the DHT only,
assuming that your bt client is willing to (like torrent-live)...

Tor does not handle UDP but you can tunnel UDP through Tor to some SOCKS
proxies, which, again, is ridiculous but just works.

And, again, a possible solution is the Peersm project (which before
using the DHT does envision new means for peers/content discovery) or
something similar, a P2P using the Tor protocol, not the Tor network.

--
Check the 10 M passwords list: http://peersm.com/findmyass
Anti-spies and private torrents, dynamic blocklist: http://torrent-live.org