Re: [tor-talk] TBB uses orange Firefox icon in Linux panel

On 04/24/2017 08:47 PM, goody2shoes wrote:

On 04/24/2017 05:43 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
In Mint 18.1, TBB 6.5.1 was installed to /home/user/torbrowser/. Now
updated to 6.5.2 - still same issue.
I only have one TBB launcher (icon) - on the desktop (nowhere else) &
it uses the correct green TBB globe icon.
When TBB is running, the app icon on  Mint's panel is the orange /
blue Fx icon.  Any other TBB window I open (bookmarks, NoScript
options) - also use the orange Fx icon in the panel.

In the start-tor-browser.desktop file, it shows the icon
"mozicon128.png" - which should be correct .

Any idea why this icon switch happened?

Debian Jessie 32 bit. I have torbrowser's folder in my home/opt
directory and my panel icon is linked to
/home/opt/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/browser/icons. That's where the
standard panel icon is located. Note the first iteration of "Browser" in
the path IS capitalized.

G2s
Thanks, G. Yep, that is apparently the path the TBB desktop file (start-tor-browser.desktop) points for the icon.
/tor-browser_en-US/Browser/browser/icons/mozicon128.png.
As said, it worked, then it didn't.

I just edited the desktop launcher & re-selected the same icon (was already using - the one you mentioned). For now it's displaying OK in the panel. Looks like that icon file was changed in the update to 6.5.2. Maybe the previous file got damaged, so Linux pulled the standard Fx icon from another place. I'm not sure the orange Fx icon is included in the Linux TBB package.