Re: [tor-talk] Well, what exactly are you trying to contribute with your efforts?

On 4/28/19 8:34 AM, Conrad Rockenhaus wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 5:49 PM Seby <seby2kt14@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Here we go again...
>> This dude just won't stop harassing us with masked advertising, commercial
>> offers and monetary asks. Every time even the most boring thing needs to be
>> publicly shouted on these mail lists, every time he does something
>> extraordinary, something quite unusual that none of you mortals could ever
>> do like running a middle relay on a small virtual machine, or a 500KB/s
>> bridge.
>>
> Actually, it's not masked advertising for commercial offers. It's
> nonprofit solicitation to assist other users that are interested in
> expanding Tor's FreeBSD Resiliency. There's quite a few people that
> would like to help but aren't comfortable making the plunge on their
> own. Increasing the number of FreeBSD machines ensures we don't have a
> single point of failure as the number of Linux machines presently on
> Tor greatly outweighs the number of FreeBSD machines on Tor.
>
> [snip]

Conrad,

You have been kindly asked to stop advertising or repeat commercial offers about
your services.

Avoid cross posting and stick to the general list guidelines.

We maintain these list for technical support and general discussion among
Tor users and relay operators.

Thanks,

hiro