Re: Time Warner bad / VPS recommendations

Hi Mitar,

firstly, my linode server is hosting for my small sites, NOT for Tor service. But because I use only about 30-40 GB per month for my sites, I decided to give rest to Tor network. So your calculation is faulty - I pay nothing to give 360 GB per month for Tor ;)

Although Im big Tor fan, I think it is better idea to run Tor in unused bandwith (like me) on plenty of computers rather than pay together few big centralized servers (like you offer). Firstly, using unused bandwidth is for free. And it is also more secure.

Marek

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:01 PM, Mitar <mmitar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi!

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 8:50 PM, slush <slush@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, Im using linode.com, plan "Linode 720". Tor runs without any problem
> (but my bandwidth is only about 150kB/s; there are another network services
> too).

Interesting. That is $40/month with 400 GB limit. I have a collocation
for around 110 EUR per month for 100 Mbit/s best-effort with no limit
on data transfer and yet without any problems with ISP (they said that
it is not their issue what I am running on my server).