Re: IP address blocked on certain site

On 2/3/2011 5:53 PM, Geoff Down wrote:
Neither could I. It may be entirely in memory. Nevertheless that was the
conclusion I came to. It's not the IP address being cached, it's the
response from the site I would say. Your new request is never being sent
(via your new IP) because Polipo is returning the cached version of the
page IMO.
Anyone have other ideas?
GD

Before he goes through all that trouble, wouldn't it be worth just SOCKSifying Firefox to use Tor directly, rather than Polipo? If it's some hidden cache issue with Polipo, the issue would disappear then, no? Also he mentions opening a new tab, but never says he cleared the Firefox cache; could Firefox itself simply be fishing the page up from memory? A simple tools > clear everything would be a decent test.

~Justin Aplin