Re: IP address blocked on certain site

On 2/3/2011 8:28 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
I am using Torbutton.  It is supposed to Torrify Firefox - yes?

In a roundabout way, yes. Torbutton forwards Firefox traffic to Polipo, which in turn sends the traffic to the SOCKS port of Tor. Disabling Torbutton and entering the Tor SOCKS information into Firefox's network configuration would skip the Polipo part, and eliminate any problems you might be having with some hidden Polipo cache.

Everything else you mentioned points to you using Firefox and Tor properly, I'd try either skipping Polipo (really only a testing solution, as by not using Torbutton, you lose all the other goodies it gives you (beyond simple SOCKS configuration), and would have to change Firefox's network config every time you wanted to use or stop using Tor). If it's indeed a Polipo problem and that fixes it, Geoff's solution seems like it would make a rather nice permanent solution for you. You could skip right to that if it sounds easier than screwing around with Firefox's network configuration.