Re: [tor-talk] Turning off all logging - how?

On 2/23/2011 3:46 PM, Matthew wrote:
How can I turn off all logging in .torrc?  Currently I have logfiles in /var/log/tor.

All logging entries in .torrc are hashed but, as mentioned, I still have logs.

I'm not sure if this is supported by default (please correct me if I'm wrong), but it should be fairly easy to hack. I'd add the following line to your torrc:

Log err file /dev/null

which would produce the minimum amount of output (fatal errors only), all of which would be immediately discarded. I'd also add --quiet to whatever command you have starting Tor, which will suppress the console messages that are produced before the torrc is parsed.

~Justin Aplin