Re: [tor-talk] Email provider for privacy-minded folk

On 12/02/2013 3:04 PM, grarpamp wrote:
The rest are just shopping items, but when you do find one, consider
sending them a donation and a note about why you chose them once
in while.

I hope I didn't sound as though I was looking for a free meal in my original posting when I said that a free service would be nice; I really would be concerned that if I no longer had a job that I wouldn't be able to keep my email account.

You do make a good point, however, and I'd like to give an anecdote to support your message. It wasn't until I volunteered for local activist and atheist groups that I realised how important donations are to some causes. These guys were surviving solely on donations from the public. As a result, I happily donate to groups that I think are doing a great service, and I encourage others to do the same (because really, who can't spare $20 for a good cause that can spare $20 a week for overpriced coffee?)