Re: [tor-talk] problems with TorBirdy

Hi Sukhbir ... THANKS, again.

GnuPG/OpenPGP signed & encrypted email message allows for minimum 62
or 68 wraplength, i can't recall the exact value at this moment, but
that min length would be nice to set. (That is my own choice,
obviously that will not be same as others/all).

I see that now #8318 is closed/solved, that is, Torbirdy will allow
to set user's own settings:
... Thanks.

Hope to see better Torbirdy soon.

Finally with help of another user, was able to force few settings on
TB (Thunderbird), of my own choice(s).
(I do not feel comfortable on doing those configurations manually
over & over again & again).

Warning: Do not follow below instruction, unless you are expert
enough and understand what you're doing, (Do not blame me later for
any reason .. I warned).

Had to create "local-settings.js" inside the defaults/pref folder in
TB, added one line:
"pref("general.config.filename", "mozilla.cfg");"
(without the beginning and ending double-quote symbols).
Then created "mozilla.cfg" file next to TB binary/exe file, added
previously mentioned config-settings ( i copied my choice of
config-setting lines from "prefs.js" file and set them with my own
choice of values and changed command word from "user_pref" into
"lockPref" in mozilla.cfg, it needed one top/1st line with only two
// slash symbols ).
Restarted TB (thunderbird)
... my choice of custom settings remained intact.

If there was an option in Torbirdy or on another Thunderbird addon,
to allow TB users to override few config settings after TB restarts,
(with a press of a button or status bar icon), that would have been
better, then one would not need to lock those settings, to save
oneself from doing too much repeated manual configurations.

There are some settings that a user wants or must use constantly
under one Thunderbird profile, and may be another settings under
another Thunderbird profile.

-- Bright Star.

Received from Sukhbir Singh, on 2013-02-23 5:50 PM:

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2012-May/024395.html