Re: [tor-talk] Tor browser error message

MFP:
> Have done both - no change.

rather strange
did you download your torbrowser from here?
https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en

> I have also noticed, that the first time <i have installed the
> browser

tor browser should not require an actual installation (it can be executed directly)

> Virtually with any page I try.

just pages with HTTP*S* or also HTTP (no s at the end)?

You can also manually check if you are browsing via tor by copying
http://checkip.dyndns.org/ or https://www.whatismyip.com
and copying that IP to this search field:
https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html
but I would be suspicious if there are some problems with your setup,
maybe you can try on a second computer?

it might be hard to solve this non-interactively, maybe IRC
would be more suitable here
https://www.torproject.org/about/contact.html.en#irc

could you let me know if this is a request from you:
(so I we can
tell if there are multiple persons having this problem)

https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
twitter: @nusenu_