Re: more letters from the feds

"Anthony DiPierro" <or@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That brings up an idea, though.  Are there certain common perfectly
> legitimate things that exit nodes are being used for, that maybe some
> hidden services could be set up to take the load off?

I guess the most obvious and perfectly legitimate thing to
use exit nodes for is anonymous communication on the net.

I don't understand how using hidden services would take
off any load though. If a hidden service does the job
of an exit node you might as well consider it as one.

After all it's request IP address will be visible to
the public in which case the risk for the operator
stays the same (unless requests are routed through
the Tor network again, in which case it would only
add latency).

Fabian