Re: [tor-talk] NSA, Tempora, PRISM And Company always know who is behind Tor?

On Fr, Jul 19 2013, Roger Dingledine wrote:
Your first question was "Can Tor defeat NSA, Tempora, PRISM?" and the answer to that is also no. This should be the point where you realize that it's complicated, and you need to learn more about the issues. You might start here: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-July/028851.html which is the last time I answered this question here. There are a lot of follow-ups with more details to discuss.

From my current understanding it might be fair to say that a satisfactory answer is unknown or kept secret. I was confused by the answer you gave there and replied: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/2013-July/028864.html I may be missing something fundamental and if so Iâd appreciate a pointer, but I donât think that the papers mentioned there help much to figure out what to expect, what to do, or what to recommend in view of Tempora and PRISM.
Best wishes Jens