Re: [tor-talk] Tor E-mail gateway - how to transfer messages from the Tor Network ?

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017, at 22:36, Random User wrote:
> > On 07/24/2017 11:07 PM, Random User wrote:
>
> > > My impression was that all of the major free email providers required a
> > > valid phone number in order to sign-up. I would find it quite
> > > interesting if Yandex does not.
>
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017, at 07:35 PM, Mirimir wrote:
>
> > Neither VFEmail.net nor Cock.li require phone numbers.
>
> Thanks, I appreciate that info. and I'm sure that it can be useful to
> others as well.
>
> I think you would agree, though, that as much as those two email
> providers may have to offer in their own right, neither could be
> considered "major".  One consideration, I believe, with lesser-known
> email providers is that mail sent from them and/or mail from addresses
> with their domain are more likely than mail sent from one of the "Big
> Guys" to get  caught in spam filters.

Would you consider Outlook.com to be a major provider? It was possible,
at least as of a year ago, to set up an Outlook.com account without a
phone number. You could not forward or enable certain other features
until you validated a phone number, but each of the phone number
requests could be skipped or ignored.