Re: What will happen to Tor after the new German data retention law takes effect?

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 07:51:11AM -0500, Arrakis wrote:

> Expect crickets. The fines will be 500,000 Euro + 2 years prison for

For providers failing to comply, I would think. Not for small-time
amateurs like us. But, I don't want to find this out the hard way,
in person.

> disobeying, I've heard. Pretty outrageous, considering Germany is such a
> strong proponent for privacy.

I would have to disagree. If you look at mere three months,
there's some truly exquisite excrement to be found

	http://postbiota.org/pipermail/heise/
</kraut>

We're certainly not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

> XeroBank has a solution we are hoping we won't have to implement, but it
> will allow Tor nodes to continue to operate in Germany.

What do you want to do? (Offline, if you want to keep it off-record).