[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Strange behaviour of Tor 0.2.0.2 Alpha & vidalia 0.0.12
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Strange behaviour of Tor 0.2.0.2 Alpha & vidalia 0.0.12
- From: "vikingserver@xxxxxxxxx" <vikingserver@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 23:06:11 +0200
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:06:23 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=Z0463/exR97mGRqfRhOoavEo4HKSKJAX3ZZnawkd7Sbv5ZXztcFCAVTBXxbJf9Jz6S9kw4u94zCMckqAwgdRl+se0kkiP+Ryv2zc9+ciGLNGZrRI7Y9IN0lYdTeM360ucmBwyKkZKLDW7j3QX7GeM0DRIMCAffBQhdJ5UpCvPe4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:subject:references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=VnIXEKoEM78+/0doXE7QeCYpUQ/WiHwoDO9aqYE2+uk6xVmJCODA4TJ3FipDl8+JJ86p3bZjJT9kG4sCTUkV1T/yeP3keNG23Pf7UwWRi4N4Y/0IjBn/xWJhma8zSi26y3aJYkC9Y1+NNp+mWlFToTJtifRjRihmZnADBKF/kBI=
- In-reply-to: <4676E8EB.60101@xxxxxx>
- References: <4676E203.4010109@xxxxxx> <4676E6E6.6050307@xxxxxxxxx> <4676E8EB.60101@xxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20070509)
Sorry Matthieu, I remembered the folders wrong.
If you use a new vidalia version, you only should edit the vidalia folder:
/documents and settings/administrator/application data/vidalia/torrc
just like you wrote.
But you don't need the torrc in the tor folder:
/documents and settings/administrator/application data/tor/torrc
If you did that correctly, it's strange that things don't work. Maybe
vidalia overwrites the torrc with the saved settings in:
/documents and settings/administrator/application data/vidalia/vidalia.conf
Matthieu Dalissier skrev:
> vikingserver@xxxxxxxxx schrieb:
>> I also have similar incompatibility between tor 0202alpha and vidalia
>> Vidalia is not updated to work with tor 0202alpha.
>> Did you notice that vidalia creates a new torrc file in it's own folder?
>> Did you edit the settings in that file, or in the old torrc place under
>> documents and settings? With newer versions of vidalia, the old torrc
>> file isn't used anymore.
>> It works for me if I edit the settings in the torrc in the vidalia
>> folder. Vidalia doesn't overwrite them if I set them in that torrc file
>> directly, without using the vidalia settings menu.
>> RelayBandwidth settings work very well on my computer. I also set the
>> normal bandwidth settings to restrict my own tor usage, otherwise I get
>> huge bandwidth "spikes".
>> Matthieu Dalissier skrev:
>>> Hi guys
>>> I, i just changed my two Servers RMLAnonSrv1 and RMLAnonSrv2 from
>>> 0.1.2.14 to 0.2.0.2 Alpha and noticed some strange behaviour.
>>> I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, these could
>>> also be vidalia bugs.
>>> In case of a bandwidth upgrade from my ISP i had to restart my two
>>> cablemodems and therefore also my Tor's. Then i saw in the logs that
>>> that they didn't update their IP address to solve the problem
>>> i clicked the update button in vidalia which showed me my updated IP.
>>> But, after i saved, it wasn't written in the config, even if i
>>> edited it manually, saved the file and restarted tor & vidalia, the
>>> old IP address seems to be rewritten in the config file.
>>> I set the two options RelayBandwithBurst and RelayBandwithRate, i
>>> didn't saw any difference in bandwith consuming or in speed.
>>> I also noticed, that the two old options BandwithBurst and
>>> BandwithRate reappeared in the config file after i changed my
>>> Bandwidth to 100 kb/s and save that in vidalia. After
>>> reopening vidalia, the Bandwith was set to >1.5 mbps.
>>> Thanks for the great work on anonymity your doing, sorry for my bad
>>> english, and hope somebody can help.
>>> greetz Matt
> hi viking
> i edited the file /documents and settings/administrator/application
> data/vidalia/torrc, so i should also edit the file /tor/torrc?
> Thanks, now i understand how the Relay... options are working, i will
> try this out.