Re: [tor-talk] announcing releases

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 09:14:28PM +0200, Klaas-Jan Govaart wrote:
> On 4/17/11 6:23 AM, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> > Maybe we should stop
> > the tor-talk mails entirely?
>
> Is the tor-announce address[1] not being used anymore? I have not
> received announcements there for ages.

That's where we announce new stable releases. We haven't made a new
stable release since 0.2.1.30 in February of 2011.

We also use it for security advisories. Last I checked the list had >10k
people on it, so I don't want to spam them too much. The current goal
is that every mail to the list is something every list member should read.

--Roger