Re: [tor-talk] Fwd: Shadow with Tor anonymity proofing

On 6/7/17, Suhaib Mbarak <suhaib.omari@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Lee,
>
> First of all thank you very much for your high response.
>
> As I mentioned in my email above , I'm using shadow simulator; not real tor
> network; my goal is only to run an experiment and from the output of that
> experiment I can confess my students that Tor really :
>
>  1-  Can keep the traffic anonymous.(at least through Tor onion circuit)

At one point, the tor docs said it wasn't proof against a global
adversary.  I suspect that's still true.

Something else to consider
https://www.wired.com/2017/03/feds-rather-drop-child-porn-case-give-exploit/
  "... Evidence in United States v. Jay Michaud hinged at least in part on
    information federal investigators had gathered by exploiting a vulnerability
   in the Tor anonymity network."
So it seems to me that the answer to your question is "no"

Best regards,
Lee