Re: Potential suspect behavior?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, nosnoops@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi, now I?m testing the new Torpark 1.5.0.2 with the v0.1.1.14a
> and find in packetsniffer some unencrypted communication in tcp.
> Here is a few excerpt of it:
>
> GET /tor/status/fp/
> HTTP/1.0 200 OK..Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006

That's tor fetching directory information.

> Another question is if Tor really need server permissions to work
> properly? I?ve now setted my software firewall to "Client Outbound
> Allow (application only)" and "Server Inbound Deny (application only)"
> regarding Tor.

If you're just running a tor client then you will only create outbound
connections to the tor network, no tor server will ever connect to you.
As long as your socks clients can connect to tor (usually they come from
the local host only) all should be fine.

    messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal