Re: How to run Tor from USB with Linux (Kubuntu 6.10)

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 03:20:55PM -0800, light zoo wrote:
> Do you have any links that might explain the static
> build process?

This link explains, but I've never tried it myself:

 http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorInChroot#head-201d16b707fc6d3c55743a0aa2e73cd3eb5d97a0

> Yes, I'll do the old "see what sticks" method for the
> libraries.

This link may give you some hints, at least for Tor itself:

 http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorInChroot#head-80104d8a09fa9ee009631af1c1adc0ed8dac62d7

Essentially, you can work out most of the required libraries using
"ldd", but I found a few extra ones were needed too.

Hope this helps,
Steven.

--
w: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/sjm217/